Make Your Own Beads At Our Place!
Are you interested in bead-making by yourself? -
Our Beading Room is now open for drop-in
traffic. If you have experience with bead-making, and want to
work on your own projects, you are invited to use our bead-making
room. We have six bead-making stations all set up, ready to go.
Cost is $6.00 per hour
Rules For The Beading Room
Since the Beading Room will not be attended by
an instructor during the day,
some restrictions must apply.
Visitors to the beading room are required to have
experience in torch work, either by attending one of our
workshops to completion, or by demonstrating sufficient knowledge
that we feel secure in letting them work unattended. They will
need to demonstrate maturity and a safe work ethic. We reserve
the right to refuse admittance to anyone, for any reason.
All visitors are asked
to comply to a few simple rules:
- Proper eyewear must be worn. Didymium Safety
Glasses are provided, but you may bring your own if you have
- Long hair, long beards, or any loose clothing
that may dangle and catch fire must be tied back or otherwise
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No flammable liquids.
- All tools and supplies used are to be put away no later
than 15 minutes before closing time (see store hours). If
you need to leave things out overnight, check with us
- All bead-makers are required to have fun, at all times.
These items ARE included in the hourly rate:
- use of a torch
- fuel (propane gas, oxygen)
- use of mandrels (depending on availability). Users are
welcome to bring their own
- release agent
- use of tools (marvers, tweezers, shapers, etc)
- advice & critique
These are NOT included in the hourly rate, but are available
for purchase from the store:
- glass (rods, stringers, frits, etc)
- paint or pigments
- chains, fasteners, hooks, etc
Stop by during our business hours
and talk to Ken. See you soon!